THERMS provides the tools for each security guard & patrol Organization to customize the Report Entries for Parking Violations, Towing and any other vehicle enforcement activity. In this tutorial we will briefly cover how you can build a custom Parking Violation Report Entry.
Every Organization has different needs and requirements - this tutorial demonstrates the basic information needed for a Parking Violation Report Entry but you can customize your account however you need.
An HOA (home owner's association) hires your security guard & patrol company to provide courtesy patrol visits during the night hours. The HOA managers request that your patrol officers enforce these HOA community rules:
- All vehicles must be parked in driveways
- Any vehicle that is parked in the street will receive 1 warning then be towed
- A vehicle may be parked in the street if it is on the "approved vehicles list" for the HOA
During a random nightly inspection your patrol officer finds a vehicle parked on the street. The vehicle is a gold Ford Ranger with plate number "2C KE579".
Here are the steps your patrol officer will follow:
- Search the plate number in THERMS Records section (https://app.therms.io/records)
- If the Vehicle Record exists, the patrol officer will review the comments to see if the vehicle is allowed to be parked on the street.
- If the vehicle is allowed to be parked on the street for that HOA, he documents the vehicle and continues patrolling.
- If the vehicle is not allowed to be parked on the street, he will find/create a Vehicle Record, take a picture of the vehicle, enter the information in a custom Parking Violation Report Entry (see video tutorial below), download and print the Parking Violation Report Entry to place on the vehicle and finally he will post a comment in THERMS under the Vehicle stating that it has been given a warning about parking on the street.
Part 1 - Account Setup HOA Location & Custom Report Entry
This first part of the video tutorial will be from the role of an admin or management User:
- Setup a new customer/contract Location (HOA)
- Create custom Record flag for marking a vehicle "approved parking list" so our patrol officers know when a vehicle is allowed to park on the street
- Create a custom Parking Violation Report Entry
Part 2 - Operations Use by Patrol Officer
We'll cover the field patrol officer using THERMS:
- Lookup vehicles in Records to see if they are on the "approved parking list"
- Create a new vehicle Record
- Create a Parking Violation Report Entry and print the Report Entry to place a copy on the vehicle